27 August 2008

Le Marché Ouvert


So one of my favorite things in Grenoble is the amazing food. But to save some euros (because we are poor college students) Edward has been cooking dinner. That isn't to say the food is any less amazing, on the contrary, it has been quite delicious. That is mostly due to le marché ouvert or essentially, a farmer's market. Let me just say, these markets are like heaven to me. So far we have discovered two markets and both are simply amazing. The wide selection of incredibly fresh vegetables and fruits makes me happy. I am in peach heaven right now. To give you some perspective on the freshness and natural goodness, we bought fresh broccoli about five days ago and had it last night for dinner and it was already past its prime, but still delicious. I don't even mind going for groceries every couple of days. Edward definitely doesn't mind going every few days because he loves to meander through them and ponder what we should eat for dinner. I wish there were more of these markets in California (and as cheap as in Grenoble). I will definitely be taking advantage of these markets while I am here as I will sorely miss them after returning home.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

ooooh making me jealous here!!!