14 October 2008

Chambery et Annecy

So I think my favorite thing about France is the little towns that you can find all over France. One hour by train, two hours by bus outside of Grenoble, is Chambery. It's a cute little town where you can basically cover the entire centre-ville and all the tourist sites in about half a day. Nonetheless, we spent an entire day there. I think my favorite thing was the elephant fountain. (Pictures to come)Of course we had a delicious lunch avec les specialites savoyardes - meaning tartiflette! (Basically potatoes and bacon in cheese and cream)Yum!

We went to Annecy with the EAP program for Les Fetes des Alpages, the celebration where all the livestock come down from the mountains to the warm confines of the city. It was a very smelly day, but fun nonetheless. The weather was beautiful and we took a boat out around the lake at Annecy. Annecy itself was super cute. I love European style architecture - you can't find anything like it in the US. It had character.

No comments: